Friday, May 14, 2010

2012 Doomsday (2008)

Heavy handed religious movie based on the Mayans prediction that the world will end in 2012. Four strangers are compelled to go to the ruins of Chichen Itza on the eve of the end of the world. A woman missionary is called by her Dad who tells her to fly home to Ohio but never gives her any reason, such as the west coast is going to fall into the ocean due to a massive earthquake. That might be good to know because if my Dad calls me to randomly tell me to fly home, I'm not going to just up and leave my entire life behind.

I was not aware that this was a movie with a religious agenda so I was surprised when I was sledge hammered with Christianity. The cgi is not very realistic whether it's rain, snow, or hail. From inside the jeep, you can see there is no hail outside the jeeps rear window and there is no hail on the road.

My absolute favorite part of this movie was when Frank and Trish were sitting in the middle of the jungle, the camera pans away and you can clearly see the dolly tracks in the bottom of the shot! Oh my god, how could no one notice that?!?!

No comments: