Thursday, March 14, 2013

Night Fright (1967)

When I first saw this a number of years ago, I thought it was awful and pretty funny.  After viewing it a second time, I think I must have been out of my freakin' mind.  It felt like it took forever to watch.

At one point, I thought it had to be almost over so I checked to see how much time was left.  Thirty minutes.  Are you freakin' kidding me?! The movie only clocks in at around 75 minutes. How can there be a half hour left?  I kept checking because I thought I must somehow be mistaken, but it was not to be. So I resigned myself to finish watching so I would never question whether to view it again.

So here's the plot, such as it is. A monster starts killing local teens who go parking, and have dance parties in isolated spots down by the lake.  John Agar is a tough talking sheriff who won't take any guff from the teens.  I hope they're supposed to be college kids, and not in high school because they're far too old.   There's dancing, preening, jealousy, and ignoring the sheriff's advice. Plus there's a man in a monster suit.

No comments: