Thursday, December 19, 2013

Kazuo Umezz's Horror Theater: Volume 3 (2005)

I stumbled across this when I was searching for some sort of Christmas horror that I hadn't already seen.  This is an anthology and only the first segment has a holiday theme.

The Present
A little girl has nightmares on Christmas eve. Later some college students have a party and a few couples leave to go to a hotel and run into a killer Santa.

Death Make
Legend has it that five girls went somewhere and disappeared.  Now no one goes there anymore.  Five people who met on a paranormal web site and have various levels of psychic ability decide to go wherever the hell the girls went and spend the night to see if the legend is true.

I'm not sure if something was lost in the translation, but I didn't find either story scary.  The Christmas story had some gore in it, as well as a Santa with a huge throwing star on a chain. Damn that thing can do some damage.

No comments: