Friday, August 29, 2014

Movies I Couldn't Get Through

Bunraku (2010)


Hey a movie with Josh Hartnett, Woody Harrelson, Ron Perlman, and Demi Moore?  Why does this movie not sound familiar?  Well I'm guessing because it's got a similar feel to Repo: the Genetic Opera.  I hated that movie.

A narrator speaks as we are shown desolate scenery from a post apocalyptic future, and damned if I didn't drift off.  Visually the movie looks good, but you have to be prepared for the cut out scenery and sets. You have to be able to suspend disbelief in your audience in order for them to buy into the premise, and this just didn't do it.  All three of us agreed to pull the plug on this one since we couldn't deal with it any longer.


Borderline Cult (2007)


Oh hell, no.  I'd rather sit through all of Bunraku, which is at least a competently done movie.  Borderline Cult one has 1 star on Netflix, and a 1.7 rating on IMDB.  It's about three serial killers who team up.  The first five minutes are so bad, there's no reason to go further.









Gingerdead Man 3: Saturday Night Cleaver (2011)


This is a Full Moon film, so I knew what to expect, but it was so much worse than I'd imagined. I'm not a Full Moon fan, but my friend, who's seen every Full Moon movie, couldn't even make it through this.

The Gingerdead Man is released from captivity by activists and  travels back in time to the disco era, where he begins killing. He starts with girls in bikinis at a car wash.  Ugh, this is unwatchable.

No comments: