Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Deathgasm (2015)

When his mom is sent to jail, metalhead teen Brodie goes to live with his Christian aunt and uncle.  On the first day of school he discovers his jock cousin is a bully, and saves a geeky kid from being beaten up. Later he meets Zakk, another teenager who loves metal, at a local record store.

Brodie and Zakk decide to start a band and enlist the geeks that Brodie helped on this first day of school.  Obsessed with a rare metal album, they break into a residence which is rumored to have been used by the band.

After getting into a confrontation, they grab some sheet music while running out.  The tune turns out to be an unreleased song , and they decide it would be perfect for their band.  What they don't know is that the song summons a demon, and people in town will become possessed and turn into psychotic zombies / monsters.

I'd heard good things and thought the trailer was great.  I had really high expectations and while I liked it, I wasn't crazy about it.  So I may have expected too much.  On the other hand, both the friends who saw it with me loved it.

As a side note, I'm not sure why they had to make Zakk such as ass.  He was a horrible friend, and it seems like they could have had him be an okay guy without interfering with the plot.

Death metal and ice cream cones

No comments: