Monday, June 6, 2022

A Deadly Legend (2020)

Watching this movie is like having amnesia.  Every time I saw it partially watched in my queue, I’d think, what is this? Did I really watch part of this? I would watch about 20 minutes at time. Later I’d start where I left off and have no idea who the people were or what was going on.  Then Lori Petty would pop up and I think, oh yeah, it’s that movie.

The story is about a town who decide to build on a piece of land that used to be owned by pagans where three hundred years ago a witch was thrown into the lake. Fifty years ago she came back to murder the family on the grounds. Why did she wait 250 years to exact revenge? And why doesn’t anyone take revenge on those that wronged hem, rather than random people in the future?

The town meeting is full of warnings and threats  about what could happen if they build, but the town council doesn’t care. Next thing you know there’s a back hoe on the property, a construction foreman who might sometimes be possessed, and Lori Petty stealing their beer while chewing the scenery at a level that is insane.

Judd Hirsch, Corbin Bernsen, and Lori Petty deserve better. Plus the cover looks like the type of thing you’d see on a really low budget movie shot on a camcorder.

No comments: