Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Mist (2007)

After a windstorm knocks out power and over turns trees in a small Maine town, local residents end up holed up in the supermarket after one of their neighbors comes running into the store warning that there is something in the mist, which is moving into the parking lot.

As the hours pass, large bugs and strange creatures appear in the mist and try to get into the store. The stress forces some of those inside to side with the crazy religious lady who says god is punishing them, that she is god's conduit, and has predicted what is going to happen. It is not a good situation and it's getting dangerous for those who have not decided to follow

I knew the ending of this movie before I saw it as someone I once worked with told me about it as the ending made her feel sick. Days later she was still extremely disturbed and upset by the outcome.

I think this is the only film I've ever seen where there is someone instigating trouble and you know something needs to be done, and it actually gets done. Hurrah for that.

The biggest problem I have with this is if he was driving down the Maine turnpike, how the hell did he end up running out of gas on a dirt road in the middle of the forrest? Come on!

No comments: