Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Astro Zombies (1968)

Crazy disgruntled scientist Dr. DeMarco, who was fired from the Space Agency, decides to make a super human creature using body parts from murder victims.  When the astroman -  who has a defective brain - gets loose, he is responsible for a string of mutilation murders.

Dr. DeMarco decides to try again, but doesn't consider he may want to make an astro zombie who doesn't run on batteries.  There's this censor in their foreheads and if they run out of juice, they can slap a flashlight to their skulls and hightail it back to the lab for a charging.

There are also subplots involving a team of spies who want to make their own superhuman, as well as detectives trying to solve the mutilation murders.

I used to love Ted V. Mikels films but my tastes must be  changing as I found it very difficult to get through this.  Or maybe I just couldn't get into it the night I watched it.  Time will tell.  However it is far superior to the sequel, Mark of the Astro Zombies, which is a chore to watch.

On a side note, spellcheck gave me the option of using Austrian rather than Astroman.

No comments: