Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Haunted From Within (2005)

aka Spirit Hunter: La Llorona


Well the box might say Haunted From Within, but the title on the film is Spirit Hunter: La Llorona.  The story is based on the legend of La Llorona where a woman in love with a man drowned her children to be with him.  When the man finds out, he is repulsed and rejects her, so she kills herself.  Her spirit wanders the earth, crying and looking for her children.

I'll be honest, I don't remember a thing about this movie.  While the plot seems like a decent starting place, the film could not hold my attention.  Every time I tried to watch it, I kept drifting off and thinking about other things, or started doing other things with the tv on.

The only thing I remember is that Anna's earring was found at the crime scene, but they didn't suspect her because a forensic expert said it would take the strength of two people to commit the crime.  How that factors into anything, I don't know as I can't remember one other damn thing about this movie.  That's probably why it was on an eight pack of movies that only cost five dollars.



No comments: