Thursday, November 18, 2021

Nobody Sleeps in the Woods Tonight 2 (2021)

Picking up right after the end of the first movie, our final girl is safe in the police station. The police captain tells the rookie cop the girl claimed she killed the killers, but he’s got them in another cell and they’re still breathing.  

When they take the girl back to the murderers home to go over her story, things go horribly wrong in a way I didn’t expect.  So I give them credit for mixing it up. I can’t remember a sequel that took a jarring left turn out of nowhere like this one did.

Our fearful rookie cop is back, with a soft spot for the final girl. He still has the fear that makes him put self preservation way above the duties of his job.  Also we end up with more mutants due to that stupid meteor that’s still under the bed.

The sequel takes the interesting tact of concentrating on the new mutants and their story. However I wasn’t that interested in it.  Part of the problem is they are disgusting looking so I didn’t want to look at them.  Some interesting ideas, but I didn’t enjoy how they played out.

No comments: