Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Into the Dark: Pooka (2018)

I hadn't heard of this movie until my friends showed me the trailer.  We all decided we had to watch it as it looked insane.

Wilson moves to Los Angeles to get a fresh start. While at a coffee shop, he spots an ad for an audition. The experience is strange and unnerving. But he gets the job which turns out to be dressing up like a new toy called Pooka.

With this new job, Wilson's life seems to turn around. He starts dating a woman that he really likes and bonds with her son.  Pooka is a hit and children love him.

But there is a dark side.  He becomes way too attached to the Pooka suit and starts wearing it when he's not working.  Sometimes Pooka seems to do things on his own, when Wilson isn't even around.  And most disturbingly, Wilson seems to be losing track of time and seems easily angered.

This is really good and while I enjoyed it, I wasn't so keen on the ending.  But I would definitely recommend it.  There's some good humor and some really creepy scenes. Plus I love that Pooka's eyes appear to be made of car headlights.  Currently it's only available on Hulu.

No comments: