Friday, December 30, 2022

Amityville Scarecrow II (2022)

Oh no, not another one.  If you hoped the name of Amityville would not be taken in vain again, you’d be dead wrong.  

Picking up a year after the first movie, Mary and Tina decide to open the caravan park and camp ground.  It seems odd that anyone would come to this place due to the multiple murders on the property, the last one being a year ago when they set murderer Lester on fire.

Along with Tina and Mary,  there is Mary’s daughter Harriet, Harriet’s boyfriend Dylan, and seven staff members to keep the place running. This is a glamping site and the staff are told to cater to the guests every whim.  Most of the staff aren’t aware of the properties past, but are concerned when they hear about it. Tina and Mary assure everyone that they’ve gone to great lengths to make sure the place is safe.  

When four counselors disappear without a word, the owners brush it off saying it doesn’t mean they’re dead, just that they didn’t show up for work. But you think they’d look into it due to the properties history. Even if there had never been any killings there, four out of seven workers gone without a word should be cause for concern. 

There is a confusing scene where a staff member who wants to leave is smacked with an inspirational speech about how the camp needs strong, moral people who are willing to stand up for what they believe in.  What does she believe in? That a murder camp can function as a holiday camp?    

I don’t know why I keep watching these movies.  And if you think they can’t get worse, they’ve upped the ante by throwing bad sex scenes and unnecessary, long winded drama into the mix. I should have appreciated they weren’t doing that before. As you’d probably guess, there is nothing like the cover in this movie.  

Cringeworthy dialogue

We’re in the middle of nowhere, right.  And I’m sure if there was a killer around they wouldn’t be opening in the next two weeks.

This is going to be the best glamping location in the country.

Every guest is a priority and every request must be heeded.

We need people like you, Lily.  And people like you. Strong people with morals and dignity, ready to stand up for what they believe in.  Willing to do what it takes.

Yeah but they burnt him alive so don’t worry about it.

There’s no evidence that they’re dead. They just didn’t show up to work.

I cant stay here. I can feel my skin crawling. I get nightmares.
We all do, but you belong here.

Hi, yes police please…. I need to report a murder…. Yes someone’s killed my friend…. What? No, this is serious…. Please just send someone right away. I’m at the Amityville Farm camp site….Please just hurry…. I don’t think they believed me but they’re sending someone.

So the staff is going to live in tents all summer?
The squared off eyebrows that remind me of Sharpies
Red pool of mystery liquid? Let me stick my finger in it
The crack staff of the camp grounds
Barn on fire? I’m sure leaning up against the door is fine
Don’t wear fake eyelashes in the shower


No comments: